Saturday, February 2, 2008

More Samurai Pictures

Well, I've posted a few better pictures of my Samurai. Why? Because Greg Horne wanted to see them.


Remember, click on a photo to get a much larger version of it.


The first photo shows some of the figures in my figure case. You can see a group of mounted; and, on either side of them are foot.


The foot has Samurai in the front, followed by some Monks, with Ashigaru in the rear.


The other photos show both a front and rear view of a cavalry stand and a stand of Samurai.


While these figures are all by Ral Partha, the sashimonos are from what used to be Dixon (but I believe that this line was sold to another company). I used a pin vise to drill holes to fit them in.


For the last four photos, I've proped on edge of the base up in order to get a better angle on the photos.


Yes, you're correct, the prop is just an ordinary pencil. What did you expect? Something fancy?


While I'd like to claim the credit for painting these figures, I actually traded a Roman army to a fellow in exchange for his painting these.


I'd happily tell you his name, but it was well over 20 years ago and I simply don't remember it. He was another local gamer, not a professional painter.


Sadly, they were painted for WRG 7th . . . but by the time I got them back from the painter, I'd quit playing WRG.

I did get them on the table once . . . for a game of "Warrior" (a sort of WRG 7.5 rewritten to eliminate the "Barkerese").


I'm pleased to report that they did win that single battle . . . but they've been put away since then.


Once I finally get everything unpacked, I will probably see if I can find some rules that I like and get them on the table again.


-- Jeff

3 comments:

Bloggerator said...

Quite the collection!

I think I have about two dozen at the most.

Greg

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

...so your secret is out - you haven't always collected only tricorne wearing armies.. :o))

...the truth be known, I have 6 or 7 DBA armies as well - one of which is Samurai.. I must get them out and photograph them sometime..

..speaking of which - I'm not photographer but I find my output is improved considerably by putting it through an application called Picasa - have you tried/used it? If not I would put a vote in for it - and it's free... Microsoft though, so remembering previous conversaitons you may notbe able to take advantage?

Auston Jeff Butler said...

Those samurai are awesome!